A standard home operates on about 230 volts. You might require more than this if you’ve installed some machinery or appliance that requires more power to run.
Or maybe you’ve added alternative sources of power, like gas or solar panels, so you want to reduce the amount of power you draw from the network.
Either way, we can help and the process is similar to a new connection.
You need to speak to a registered electrician and provide them with some important information before you apply to get connected to the Aurora Energy network.
The information your electrician may need
- Your contact details, including your email address so we (Aurora Energy) can give you progress updates
- Your electricity retailer (who you pay your power bill to)
- Current postal address, so we can send you paperwork if needed
- Your address, or where the alteration to the network is to be made
- Connection use – for example a new sauna
Engage a registered electrician and provide them with the details of your new connection request
Your electrician's responsibilities
They will request information from you to begin the connection process